Data and Analysis Unit: PLY147
These resources have not yet been published. If you access
them, you are agreeing to treat the information you receive in
confidence (e.g. as part of a peer review process). Once the
manuscript is accepted, these same resources will be made
Description Test-potentiated learning experiment
examining 2AFC test performance with familiar versus unfamiliar
foils, reported in Seabrooke, Hollins, Wills,
Mitchell (submitted), Experiment 4. This DAU contains raw
data and analysis scripts, in open cross-platform formats (see the
file format notes). The raw data
file also contains the full set of stimulus items, as the
stimuli presented on each trial are recorded (see below).
(1.7 MB) - Trial-level raw data.Column headings are as
- Subject - Participant number, unique to ply147.
- Experiment - Experiment name.
- Sex - Gender of participant (female, male)
- Age - Age of participant (in years)
- Pool - method of recruiting participants (Plymouth
University points pool)
- Group - Counterbalancing condition for order of encoding
phases (Meaning-Study or Study-Meaning)
- Test - Foil familiarity group (Familiar or Unfamiliar)
- Running - Combines phase and w/subj condition of
experiment. [Study, Meaning] indicate an encoding trial in
the corresponding condition. [Test] refers to the
two-alternative forced choice test, with either familiar
or unfamiliar foils.
- Condition - Combines test-list variable with encoding
condition. [Test-Cue, Non-Test Cue] in the [Meaning,
Study] encoding conditions refers to whether the item was
allocated the to test list or not. Cues (and targets)that
were allocated to the test list were scheduled to be
presented in the final recognition test. Targets that were
allocated to the non-test list were scheduled to be
presented as foils in the final recognition test for the
Familiar Foils group. [Meaning, Study] in the Test phase
refers to the encoding condition that the cue was
- Cue - The presented cue word.
- Target - The presented target word.
- Foil target - The presented foil word. Set to blank in
the [Meaning, Study] encoding phases.
- Resp - The participant's response. Set to blank in the
- Acc - Whether the participant's response is correct (1)
or incorrect (0). In the Study condition of the encoding
phase, set to NA.
- RT - The time (in ms) from onset of the cue to the
participant repsonse. In the Study condition of encoding
phase, set to NA.
- R scripts for analysis of PL147. You will
need R. You will
also need to have installed the following packages that are
available on CRAN:
ez, ggplot2, pastecs, plyr, pwr, Rmisc