Data and Analysis Unit: PLY130
These resources have not yet been published. If you access
them, you are agreeing to treat the information you receive in
confidence (e.g. as part of a peer review process). Once the
manuscript is accepted, these same resources will be made
Description Test-potentiated learning experiment
examining associative recognition performance, reported in Seabrooke, Hollins, Wills, Mitchell (submitted),
Experiment 3. This DAU contains raw data and analysis scripts, in
open cross-platform formats (see the
file format notes). The raw data
file also contains the full set of stimulus items, as the
stimuli presented on each trial are recorded (see below).
(1.1 MB) - Trial-level raw data.Column headings are as
- Subject - Participant number, unique to ply130
- Experiment - Experiment name
- Sex - Gender of participant (female, male)
- Age - Age of participant (in years)
- Pool - method of recruiting participants (Plymouth
University paid pool)
- Group - Counterbalancing condition for order of encoding
phases (Meaning-Study or Study-Meaning)
- Test - Recognition group (Associative or Item [target]
- Running - Combines phase and w/subj condition of
experiment. [Study, Meaning] indicate an encoding trial in
the corresponding condition. [AssociativeRecognition,
ItemRecognition] indicates a recognition trial.
- Sample - Within-phase trial number (resets at the
beginning of each new encoding phase, and at the start of the
- Cue - The presented cue word. Set to NA in the
ItemRecognition (target recognition) test.
- Target - The presented target word.
- Acc - Whether the participant's response is correct (1) or incorrect
(0). In the Study condition of the encoding phase, set to NA.
- RT - The time (in ms) from onset of the cue to the participant
repsonse. In the Study condition of encoding phase, set to NA.
- Resp - The participant's response. In the associative
recognition test, 'Yes' means that the participant thought that the
cue and target were presented together during the encoding phase. 'No'
means that the participant thought the cue and target were not
presented together during the encoding phase.
- Condition - Combines congruency and encoding
condition. In [Meaning, Study] encoding condition, [1, 2]
indicate whether that cue/target word pair will later
serve as a paired or re-paired trial (if the participant
is allocated to the associative recognition group). 1 =
Paired, 2 = Re-paired. [Meaning, Study] in the
Associative Recognition/Item Recognition test phases refer
to the encoding condition that the items wer allocated
to. [Foil] refers to items that were not presented during
the encoding phase for the Item (target) recognition
- Congruency - The congruency of the cue and target (for
the associative recognition group). 'Matched' = 'Paired', 'Unmatched'
= 'Re-paired'. Set to NA in the item recognition test.
- R scripts for analysis of PL130. You will
need R. You will
also need to have installed the following packages that are
available on CRAN:
cowplot, dplyr, ez, ggplot2, pastecs, plyr, pwr, Rmsic.