Data and Analysis Unit: PLY113
These resources have not yet been published. If you access
them, you are agreeing to treat the information you receive in
confidence (e.g. as part of a peer review process). Once the
manuscript is accepted, these same resources will be made
Description Test-potentiated learning experiment
examining both recognition and recall performance, reported
in Seabrooke, Hollins, Wills, Mitchell
(submitted), Experiment 1. This DAU contains raw data and
analysis scripts, in open cross-platform formats (see the
file format notes). The raw data
file also contains the full set of stimulus items, as the
stimuli presented on each trial are recorded (see below).
(1.3MB) - Trial-level raw data.Column headings are as
- Subject - Participant number, unique to ply113
- Sex - Gender of pariticipant (female, male)
- Age - Age of participant (in years)
- Group - b/subj condition of experiment (Recognition,
- Running - Combines phase and w/subj condition of
experiment. [Study, Meaning, First Word] indicate an
encoding trial in the corresponding
condition. [Recognition, Recall] indicates a retrieval
trial of the corresponding type.
- Sample - Within-phase trial number (resets at the
beginning of each new encoding phase, and at beginning
of retrieval phase).
- Cue - In the encoding phase, the presented cue
word. In the recognition phase, the presented word
(which could be either a cue or a target). In the recall
phase, the presented retrieval cue.
- Target - In the encoding phase, the presented target
word. In the retrieval phase, set to NA.
- Acc - Whether the participant's response is correct
(1) or incorrect (0). In the Study condition of the encoding phase,
set to NA. In cued recall, the word must match letter-for-letter in
order to be coded as 1.
- RT - The time (in ms) from onset of the cue to the
participant pressing the key (the last key in the cued recall test).
In the Sudy condition of encoding phase, set to NA.
- Resp - The participant's response.
- Condition - In the retrieval phase, the encoding
condition under which the word was presented. Words not in the
encoding condition are described as 'Foil'. In the encoding phase, set
- WordType - Whether the word presented in the retrieval
phase was a cue (rare word) or a target (definition) in the encoding
phase. In the encoding phase, set to NA.
- R scripts for analysis of PL113. You will
need R. You will
also need to have installed the following packages that are
available on CRAN:
cowplot, ez, ggplot2, pastecs, plyr, pwr, psych, Rmisc