Data and Analysis Unit: EXE2
Last update: 2014-05-06 by Andy Wills
Contingency learning experiment with concurrent load, reported by
Wills et al. (2011), Experiment 1.
DAU created after publication in response to request for raw data.
This DAU contains stimulus audio files, raw data, and an analysis script, all in open
cross-platform formats (see the file format notes).
The APA-format citation for this resource is:
Wills, A.J. (2014). Data and Analysis Unit: EXE2. Retrieved from http://www.willslab.co.uk/exe2
If you make use of these resources, please drop me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- exe2stim.tbz (15 KB) - Stimulus audio files.
- exe2data.txt (529 KB) - Trial-level raw data.
Column headings are as follows:
- date: Date paricipant was tested (in YYYY-MM-DD format)
- cond: Experimental condition (1 = Load, 2 = No load)
- cb: Counterbalance condition (see exe2code.txt. Note that cb = -1 where phase = 1,
as counterbalance condition is irrelevant in the practice phase)
- subj: Participant ID (unqiue within EXE2)
- phase: Experiment phase (1 = practice, 2 = training, 3 = test)
- blk: Block (Always = 1 in phases 1 and 3. Ranges from 1 to a maximum
of 8 for phase 2. Critertion-based training, so max. blk varies by participant)
- trial: Trial number (resets for each block)
- stim: ID of presented meal (see exe2code.txt)
- resp: Participant's response to presented meal ( 0 = No reaction , 1 = Reaction )
- rt: Participant's reaction time to presented meal in milliseconds
- d1: First digit presented in six-digit load task (-1 where no digit presented)
- d2...d6: as per d1.
- probestim: Probe digit presented.
- proberesp: Participant's response to probe digit
- probert: Participants' reaction time to probe digit in milliseconds.
- exe2code.txt (1 KB) - Shows mapping from food stimulus
ID ('stim' in exe2data.txt), physical food names, and logical food labels (A,B, etc). The last
of these is contingent on counter-blance condition. Column headings
are as follows:
- stim: Stimulus ID number (used in exe2data.txt)
- Food: Physical food name(s) presented
- CB1code: Logical food labels (A,B,...) where in first counterbalance condition (cb=1 in exe2data.txt)
- CB1type: Logical food category where in first counterbalance condition. Categories are as follows:
- famP: 'familiar positive' i.e. item present during training that is followed by an allergic reaction.
- famN: 'familiar negative'
- MN, OP, K/L, O/P: As described in Wills et al. (2011)
- CB1corr: Correct response where cb=1 (0 = No reaction, 1 = Reaction). For novel test items,
correct = the rule-based response (e.j. 0 for IJ)
- CB2code: As CB1code for cb = 2
- CB2type: As CB1type for cb = 2
- CB2corr: As CB1corr for cb = 2
- exe2analysis.R (8 KB) - R script for all analyses
reported in Wills et al. (2011, Experiment 1). In addition, analyses of relative performance of +ve and
-ve patterning problems during training phase (requested by E.Maes, April 2014).